Newenham is further embracing our ethos of connection and communication within our community, ensuring all new resident’s homes are NBN ready.
The latest telecommunication infrastructure in Australia, NBN delivers fast, reliable internet to every household. Top quality connection is particularly vital in more regional, suburban communities like the Adelaide Hills, where high speed internet has previously been less common.
We know our residents need flexible lifestyles – whether relaxing at home, setting up a creative studio or home office, keeping the kids entertained or all of the above. The NBN network gives our residents every opportunity to make this happen – to be more productive, more creative, more efficient and more connected.
To remove all the fuss (and so often fury) of installing home internet after you’ve built your home, we’re making sure that our residents can connect to the world wide web sooner. NBN will be set up and ready at the click of a button (literally), so you can simply connect to the provider and plan of your choice when you move in.
But what’s all the fuss about this little acronym? What does NBN really mean for you and your family?
- Access entertainment without the wait. Stream video, game online, watch live news and sport – every fancy and family member is covered.
- Unlock learning potential for your children faster, with access to knowledge from across the world in one quick click. Gone are the days of the Encyclopaedia Britannica.
- Call loved ones without the dreaded lag. The speed and reliability of NBN is designed to offer great quality video calls.
- Ensure the whole family can stay connected at the same time. NBN can cater for multiple devices to be connected at the same time.
- Work smarter with your home business. High speed internet means better productivity with all your online opportunities.
Wondering how you can connect to NBN in your new home at Newenham? Simple.
Plan your phone and data points early in the planning process – this will involve marking up a plan of where you would like to place a phone or data point.
- Make a note of the services you and your family might need in each room and where you want to connect services between rooms – consider smart TV, smart fridge, computers and laptops and other interactive devices.
- Work with your builder to communicate where you would like phone and data ports in your home.
- Decide on a location for the NBN supplied equipment. The installation of equipment will involve connecting a fibre optic cable from your street to an NBN utility box on an outer wall of your home and an NBN connection box on the inner wall of your home.
- Connect your services to the NBN network. Residents should contact their preferred service providers before moving into their new home to pre-order services such as landline phone and broadband.
Set up your home for the future – considering NBN in your initial home planning is a clever design idea and could even become a major drawcard to potential purchasers in the future.
If you’d like to know more about living at Newenham or securing your future here, simply call our Sales Team on 0429 107 497 or visit the Sales & Information Centre, open 7 days from 12 – 5pm at 164 Flaxley Road, Mount Barker.
Come and experience Newenham for yourself.